This morning after breakfast you will disembark from your Houseboat and check into the
Lake Resort at Kumarakom - a beautiful village nestled in the lap of Vembanad Lake, the
largest lake in the state of Kerala. With an abundance of flora and fauna and facilities like
boating, yachting and fishing and scenic natural beauty, Kumarakom is indeed a haven for
From today commences your Ayurveda Rasayana Chikitsa :
- 2 Rasayana Therapy sessions per person per day
- Oral Herbal medication.
- Yoga and breathing sessions – 1 or 2 sessions per day.
- Meditation class
- One hour sunset cruise every evening
- Cultural program every evening
- Complimentary usage of Health club and indoor games on the house
- Breakfast, lunch and Dinner
- Traditional Tea/Coffee and snacks
- Consultation as required
ABOUT RASAYANA CHIKITSA
Rasayana chikitsa or rejuvenation is a traditional Ayurvedic therapy to restore the body’s
vitality to its fullest capacity. As people get older, their health may weaken, strength and
intelligence start to diminish, and beauty fades away. Historically, people in all societies
have looked for a way to regain the qualities of youth.
Any herb, food, tonic, specific diet or physical and mental activity which bestows youthfulness and promotes longevity by delaying the aging process and prevents disease
is called Rasayana.
In recent times, Rejuvenation Therapy has gained international prominence as its
application has succeeded in curing many ailments like Arthritis, Rheumatism, Hair Loss,
Headache, Insomnia and also Sexual Debility. These rejuvenation packages help to
strengthen skin tissues to achieve the ideal health and longevity. Rejuvenation is explored
in the form of body massages, medicines, medicated steam as well as Herbal baths. Such
experiences once tried become a source of revival of the soul too. One needs to be
extremely cautious in selecting the right authentic treatment.
The first step in the process is to withdraw from sensory subjects Sound, touch, visual, unwanted taste and unpleasant smell. As the mind gradually withdraws from the sensory
subjects, with timely practice of Pranayama, mudra and mantra chantings and consumption
of balanced and nutritious diet, new cells are re-generated in the body and the existing
cells become healthier and improve the tissues, thus reviving strength and vitality in the
- Pizhichil - Literally means squeezing – Which means squeezing of warm medicated oil from a cloth that is periodically soaked in a vessel with oil, over the patient’s whole body which initiates heavy sweating and treats many ailments like rheumatic arthritis, paralysis, nervous weakness, parkinson’s disease, and other disorders.
- Sirodhara - Shiro (means head) and dhara (means flow) – an Ayurvedic healing technique that involves pouring liquid like oil, milk, or water on one’s forehead often combined with a body massage.
- Ayurvedabhyangam - Ayurveda massage with medicated oil
- Rejuvenation Massage - This is a combination of relaxation massage and joint care massage including the stimulation of vital points, that gives relaxation to the muscles and joints, enhances arterial and venous circulation and increases vitality
- Medicated steambath - The procedure to induce sweat or perspiration in the body using steam generated from medicated herbal decoctions, which is useful for relieving muscular tension and improve blood circulation
- Njavarakhizi - A traditional treatment, whereby the whole body or any specific part is made to perspire by application of certain medicinal drungs with Njavara ( a special variety rice).
- Head Massage - Ayurvedic Head Massage with Ayurvedic jam, butter, milk and honey
- Face Massage - A dramatic age defying treatment that improves skin tone, elasticity and complexion
- Ayurvedic Diet as recommended by Specialists and Doctors
- Yoga and Meditation
Benefits of Rasayana?
- Makes you feel young and energetic,
- Improves skin condition and glow,
- Improves sleep quality,
- Enhances memory and concentration,
- Clears the voice and improves the capacities of the sense organs – eyes, nose, tongue, ears and sexual organs,
- The body’s immunity is increased to resist any common diseases
- Improves the body’s strength and brings calmness to the mind.
- Rasayana treatments prevent pre-mature ageing process and prevent degenerative diseases. Its deeper effects are on Cytochrome by balancing bio-clock.
A minimum of 7 days program is recommended for desired results. For better results one can opt for 14 days or 21 days program.